Re: iptables/firestarter

On Fri January 16 2009, Jeff Soules wrote:
> Personally, I do this:
>
> Ensure that you have your firewall rules set up as you wish them.
> Then, edit /etc/network/interfaces to add the following:
>
> # Bring up firewall
> pre-up iptables-restore < /etc/iptables.rules
>
> # And save fw state on shutdown
> post-down iptables-save -c > /etc/iptables.rules

a few people have mentioned this method, and it seems straight forward..
thanks, I set this up.. hopefully next year, when I reboot, it will update:)
oh, wait, I gotta add a replacement drive soon.. brand-new Seagate Barracuda
drive locked up and quit yesterday!@!!!@!!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800