Re: Iceweasel's copy/paste behavior

Apologies for not replying to the list; I agree that the gmail interface leaves much to be desired, especially in its behavior on lists.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 01/15/09 15:22, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

[snip]

Interesting.  If you click on the ellipsis, the text appears.

Um - that's the point.  Clicking on the ellipsis triggers an onClick event
which changes the display status of the span to 'inline'.

And I'd never seen that useful feature before.  Which is why I classified it as "Interesting".

                                                          But the
Iceweasel behavior means that when students want to copy and paste the
EDITED case into a word processor, they get the whole thing.

Very lawyerly of you to get snippy with me, while conveniently snipping out the real meat of my answer:

Appears to be a bug, but might be SOP.  (It's also in FF 3.1b2,
so you might want to file a bug at mozilla.org Firefox.)

The behavior is across the board in all versions of Firefox, and so I was presuming it's not a bug but a feature; my original question was whether it's a configurable feature.  I mistook your might-be-a-bug comment to refer to the onClick behavior, not the copy-paste behavior, which, in hindsight, was perhaps a bit obtuse of me.

I'd still like to know whether this Firefox/Iceweasel copy-paste feature is configurable.

Patrick