Re: ssh-agent without graphical display manager? how?

On 2009-01-04 14:52:58 -0500, Allan Wind wrote:
> You want to run ssh-agent in the parent login shell, so later shells
> inherit the SSH_AGENT_ID and SSH_AGENT_PID environment variables.

Only sub-shells will inherit them. If you start a second SSH session
to the remote host, it will not inherit these variables from the
first session. For this reason, I've written a set of zsh scripts
(only work if the shell is zsh -- this is what I use), to be able
to reuse the same ssh-agent in any shell:

  http://www.vinc17.org/unix/index.en.html#zsh-ssh-utils