Re: ssh-agent without graphical display manager? how?

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 02:52:58PM -0500, Allan Wind wrote:
> You want to run ssh-agent in the parent login shell, so later shells
> inherit the SSH_AGENT_ID and SSH_AGENT_PID environment variables.  If
> you use bash, then .login or .bash_login should contain something like:
>
> eval `ssh-agent`

A puzzle: I don't have either .login or .bash_login in my ~ directory.
I do have .profile
Is there any difference?

Also I used to have .bash_profile
But that disappeared about the time I moved to Lenny, I think.

thanks
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net