Re: Transferring pictures from a digital camera (it was Re: Best software under Gnome)

On 01/02/09 09:24, Daniel Cliff wrote:
[snip]

Just one last question, Ron:

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
[snip]
$ mv /media/DSC-S730/${mumble}/*jpg /some/target/dir

What is ${mumble} supposed to replace?
I take it to be a bash variable that contains the name of the
directory in the camera's memory, am I right?
Perhaps "export mumble=..." in .bash_profile?

A pseudo-variable containing the subdirectory in the camera where the pictures are stored. It might vary over time.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

I like my women like I like my coffee - purchased at above-market
rates from eco-friendly organic farming cooperatives in Latin America.