Re: Transferring pictures from a digital camera (it was Re: Best software under Gnome)

On Thu January 1 2009, Daniel Cliff wrote:
> I just tried it out and it's pretty nice, but I would like something
> more specialized to transfer the pictures from the camera to a local
> folder. Does anyone know if there is something like that?
> Specifically, I would like to:
> _ delete the pictures in the camera after successful file transfer (I
> guess most people normally do that in order to take new pictures,
> right?),
digikam can delete all, all marked...
so when you MARK pictures for copyinf from camera to PC, you can then delete
just those.

> _ rename the files according to some pattern (eg 20090101_001.jpg,
> 20090101_002.jpg etc)
hm.. dunno..

> _ organize the pictures in folders conveniently (f-spot creates
> folders based on the date the picture was taken, and sometimes it's
> more convenient to have a folder like "New Year's Eve party").

I created folders, usualy by date, with a description after that.. like
12-24-2008-xmas

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800