RE: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window

> From: Kejia [mailto:w.kejia@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window
>
> Hi,
>
> My steps:
> 0) Show the Desktop, and there is one folder A;
> 1) Double click folder A's icon and open the folder A in the window
#1;
> 2) Show the Desktop;
> 3) Double click folder A's icon again, but this time a new window is
> open to show folder A's content. We call the second one as window #2.
>
> Window #1 and window #2 are two different windows. And I prefer window
> #1 is refocused on when I double click folder A's icon again.
>
> Thank you for your endless patience!

I can not replicate that experience, but after searching Google I found
this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/120746

It sounds like it might be related. Do you have Nautilus default to list
mode?

What version of Nautilus are you using? The link has problems starting
at version 2.21.90 and fixed in 2.23.2 for Ubuntu (probably doesn't
correlate to Debian). I am using 2.20.0-7 on Debian Lenny and don't see
your problem.

Hope this helps.

Have fun!
~S~