RE: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window

> From: P. Lane [mailto:kc9eye@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Gnome Nautilus: How to Open Same Folder in Same Window
>
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 09:59:01AM -0700, Kejia wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am not meaning the Nautilus spatial window. Now, when I click the
same
> > folder twice, there are two windows for the same folder. Is it
possible
> > to configure nautilus so as to only show the open existed window of
one
> > folder rather than to open the second one?
> >
> > Thanks a lot for any suggestion.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kejia
> I am not sure what you mean by spatial window. But I think what your
> talking
> about, is that Nautilus is not "browsing". Nautilus can be set to
browser
> mode by clicking; Edit\ Prefrences\, selecting the Behavior\ tab and
> checking
> the "Always open in brower window".
>
> Paul Lane         |Debian-Etch "Like a Rock"
> KC9EYE            |GNU/Linux 2.6.18-6-486
>                   |Mutt 1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
> Amateur Radio and Linux "like" Peas and Carrots
> http://www.qsl.net/kc9eye
> "Freedom is the light of all sentient beings."
>  Optimus Prime

I *think* that what he meant by spatial window was opening in the same
window. So that suggestion helps with opening the directory in the same
spatial window but not what OP was asking about.

If I understand correctly, when you open directory A you get a window.
When you open subdirectory B, you get another window. Then you open B
again and you get a second B window. Correct?

If so, I think you have a bug.

When I open A then B the graphic for the B folder icon changes. When I
try to open B again, it takes me to the already open B window. If B is
on another workspace, then the window flashes in the application bar and
clicking on it takes me to that workspace. I tested on Lenny (64 and 32
bit) and Etch (32bit) and it works the same on all three systems.

If I understand your problem correctly, then I would make sure you have
the latest updates and file a bug report. If I misunderstood you and
have it all wrong, sorry.

Have fun!
~S~