Re: my system packages list

Le Ven 3 octobre 2008 08:52, Pol a écrit :
> I would like to install on a new station the same applications currently
installed on my laptop.
> Any hints to run a script?

Hi Pol,

You can use "dpkg --get-selections > packages.lst" to get the installed
packages and "dpkg --set-selections < packages.lst && apt-get update &&
apt-get dselect-upgrade" to install the same package list...

But :
1 - check the command and Options, I did not use it for a long time and it
might have changed ;
2 - you will loose the benefit of aptitude (the flag "auto installed") on
you new install
3 - Do not forget to use the same sources in the /etc/apt/sources.list

Have a nice day

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org