State of 64bit desktop

Hi guys,

At work I'm starting to push the limits of my RAM with MySQL/InnoDB on my workstation (I do dev/testing on my workstation). I have 64bit hardware, capable of taking 8gb memory.

What I'm worried about is the tools I use. In particular, I need a browser with all the usual suspects working properly: flash and java (unfortunately some of the tools I need to use at work are written in these abominable languages). Does anyone do heavy java and flash usage under 64bit Debian (I'm running Lenny)? One tool in particular I'm forced to use is the Raritan KVM interface. It's horrible.

Is this move viable or should I rather invest in a second box (won't come for free). I don't want to mess around with 32bit chroots - did that before and I didn't like it one bit.

Thanks
--kj