Re: State of 64bit desktop

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 03:47:41PM +0100, kj wrote:
> Is this move viable or should I rather invest in a second box (won't
> come for free).  I don't want to mess around with 32bit chroots - did
> that before and I didn't like it one bit.

I have 64-bit Debian on 2 PC's and Ubuntu-64-bit on a laptop.  With
the ia32-libaries installed works well except on one Debian PC where I
have problems with nspluginwrapper.  The flash-plugin sometimes works
and then stops working.  I became a little frustrated and then started
to use a 32-bit system installed in VirtualBox so when I need a
flashplugin on that system I use the vbox-32-bit version.

On all my 64-bit systems I can use Googleearth and Skype (although the
sound is sometime problematic).  I did not have any java-related
problems with the browsers on the 64-bit systems.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men
      ought always to pray, and not to faint;"
                                             Luke 18:1