Re: State of 64bit desktop

> What I'm worried about is the tools I use.  In particular, I need a browser
> with all the usual suspects working properly: flash and java (unfortunately
> some of the tools I need to use at work are written in these abominable
> languages).  Does anyone do heavy java and flash usage under 64bit Debian
> (I'm running Lenny)?  One tool in particular I'm forced to use is the
> Raritan KVM interface.  It's horrible.

I switched my dual-core Lenny desktop to an amd64 kernel last week
without any issue.  I have used the non-free flash and java browser
plugins with Iceweasel.  I haven't noticed any issues with those
programs, but I have not used them heavily.  I have definitely noticed
faster system performance overall.

-Elijah
--
http://elijahr.blogspot.com/