Re: Problems with an "old" nvidia 6100 GO

Le Sat, 9 Aug 2008 07:57:48 -0400 Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com> a
écrit :

> On Sat August 9 2008, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
> > 2) if I use the free driver (the "nv" one), everything is fine... except
> > I don't have ANY access to OpenGL ! All applications requiring OpenGL
> > fail : games, blender... Kpovmodeler starts, but the graphic widgets show
> > an error message.
> >
> > Can you help me on one of those two problems at least ?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I used this script, it makes it very easy..
> just run ( from a alt-F1 terminal session)
> #sgfxi -c
>
> once you have the right apps installed.
>
> http://blog.creonfx.com/linux/how-to-install-nvidia-driver-on-2625-2-debian-kernel-with-xen

That did the trick ! Thanks :-)

The script seems to add a few option (besides installing the driver) to
the xorg.conf file, in the driver section. I don't remember those
options, because I'm not on my laptop now.

But thank you again, I'm going on vacation with a light heart (don't know
if you can say that in english ?!?)

\bye

PS1 : one question remains : is this 100% Debian-proof, and what has to be
done if a new kernel arises in the updates ?

PS2 : and BTW, that's two questions !

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|