Re: Problems with an "old" nvidia 6100 GO

On Sat August 9 2008, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
> The script seems to add a few option (besides installing the driver) to
> the xorg.conf file, in the driver section. I don't remember those
> options, because I'm not on my laptop now.

on the box, you will probably find it saved the old xorg. If you sort them by
time/date ( ls -ltr ) the newest files will be at the bottom of the list.
you can compare them that way. Either reading them, or doing a diff.

> But thank you again, I'm going on vacation with a light heart (don't know
> if you can say that in english ?!?)

Merci Beaucoup!

> \bye
>
> PS1 : one question remains : is this 100% Debian-proof, and what has to be
> done if a new kernel arises in the updates ?

with a new kernel, just rerun sgfxi -c .. I just did it yesterday:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800