Problems with an "old" nvidia 6100 GO

Hi.

I have a laptop with the above mentioned GC, and have two big problems
with it :

1) if I use the proprietary driver (the "nvidia" one), when I boot, I see
a black screen. X (and gdm) starts OK, no mention of any error in the
Xorg.0.log file, but the screen is black. I can switch to a console (the
first I switch to goes red, but after another switch, it's OK), I can
even blindly login from the X console, but that's not what I would dream
of since the screen stays black !

2) if I use the free driver (the "nv" one), everything is fine... except
I don't have ANY access to OpenGL ! All applications requiring OpenGL
fail : games, blender... Kpovmodeler starts, but the graphic widgets show
an error message.

Can you help me on one of those two problems at least ?

Thanks.

\bye

--

Nicolas FRANCOIS                      |  /\
http://nicolas.francois.free.fr       | |__|