Re: Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]

On 07 Feb 2008, Peter Jordan wrote:

> wouldn't it be better if you posted your /etc/network/interfaces ?

Here it is:

==============================

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth2
iface eth2 inet dhcp

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid ap
wireless-mode managed
=============================

Meanwhile, I've at least managed to get wireless working again with
iwp3945 on kernel 2.6.23. But for some strange reason, since yesterday
it no longer comes up automatically on boot; I have to do the following
as root:

modprobe -r ipw3945
modprobe ipw3945

ifdown eth3
ifup eth3

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian