Switching from ipw3945 to iwl3945 driver]

Hi,

If you do not own any hardware with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wifi
cards, you can stop reading now.

The 2.6.24 kernel has recently hit unstable, and it contains a new
shiny iwl3945 driver which should replace the old ipw3945 one. The
good news is that you will no longer need to run the ipw3945d binary
daemon, the bad news is that binary firmware is still required (but it
is available as a package). The plan is to remove ipw3945-modules-*
and ipw3945d packages from the archive as soon as 2.6.24 kernel hits
testing. Because of that, everyone running unstable and using ipw3945
is encouraged to switch to using 2.6.24 and iwl3945 driver as soon as
possible. The switching instructions are available at

http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

I've only tested this procedure myself, so feel free to contribute
additional information to the wiki page, and reply to this thread if
you encounter any problems (cc me in this case, as I'm not on d-u).

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC