Re: Updating from 4.0_r5 to 4.0_r6 ?

On 2008-12-27 16:01 +0100, John Smith wrote:

> No, I did not run "apt-get upgrade" recently, but I did do some runs
> of "apt-get install <insert-packagename-here>" recently. Perhaps it is
> possible that this downloaded additional dependencies which
> accidentally brought my entire system up to date to 4.0_r6 ?

Possible.  You can find the whole list of packages that were updated in
4.0r6 in the release announcement¹.  Anyway, if "apt-get dist-upgrade"
does not find any upgradable packages then there are none, since your
mirror seems to be up to date.

Sven

¹ http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2008/msg00006.html