Re: No sound on a Thinkpad T61 w/ ALSA and AS1984 sound card (redux)

PROBLEM FIXED! Here's what fixed it - I read a post somewhere about a
hardware mute for Thinkpads, which can be disabled by pressing on the
volume up button (not the software volume up, the physical volume up
button located next to the blue ThinkVantage button on the top of the
keyboard). I did it and everything worked! Hopefully this'll last.

Thank you so much for all of your help! I'm always touched by your
willingness to lend me, a total stranger, a hand when they need it.
Thank you again. I'll let you know if it stops working in the future.

Kyle