Re: iPod

On Wednesday 2008 December 24 23:29:45 Marc Shapiro wrote:
> On my Etch system, I still get 3 upgrades

Are you sure this is for Amarok in specific?  Usually, there's only one
version of perl in stable at a time -- you may simply be out of date on
those.

> and 35 new
> packages requiring over 49 MB of package files.

Only 7 are KDE related:
>   kdelibs-data kdelibs4c2a
>   kdemultimedia-kio-plugins libakode2 libarts1-akode libarts1c2a
>   libkcddb1

The rest are general-purpose.

Amarok has a lot of core, non-optional functionality, which means a lot of
dependencies.  It would be nice if more of that was optional (e.g. via
plugins), which may be the case with Amarok 2.

I think Amarok is the best music player application for any OS, bar none.  If
you are only interested in copying files to/from an iPod (or other portable
media player), it's a bit of overkill though.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))