Re: iPod

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:43:33PM -0500, JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> was heard to say:
> I'm just not sure why I would have to install kdesktop, kicker, kamera, and
> konqueror for an app that syncs with my iPod.

  On lenny/unstable, blame amarok-konqsidebar:

daniel@emurlahn:~$ aptitude why amarok kicker
p   amarok             Recommends amarok-konqsidebar
p   amarok-konqsidebar Depends    konqueror (< 4:3.90.0)
i A konqueror          Depends    kcontrol (= 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-6)
i A kcontrol           Depends    kicker (>= 4:3.5.9)
daniel@emurlahn:~$ aptitude why amarok kdesktop
p   amarok             Recommends amarok-konqsidebar
p   amarok-konqsidebar Depends    konqueror (< 4:3.90.0)
i A konqueror          Depends    kdesktop (= 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-6)
daniel@emurlahn:~$ aptitude why amarok kamera
p   amarok              Recommends amarok-konqsidebar
p   amarok-konqsidebar  Depends    konqueror (< 4:3.90.0)
i A konqueror           Depends    kdebase-kio-plugins (= 4:3.5.9.dfsg.1-6)
i A kdebase-kio-plugins Recommends kamera

  If you cancel installing that package (which you don't need unless you
run konqueror), you should be able to avoid installing all those KDE
packages.

  Daniel