Re: How to install chinese fonts for ps output file?

Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Hmmm... current unstable lacks Chinese tasks???
> No no it is under:
>  * Simplified Chinese desktop
>  * Traditional Chinese desktop
>
> e.g. Here:
> i     ttf-arphic-ukai                                      0.2.200802 0.2.200802
> i     ttf-arphic-uming                                     0.2.200802 0.2.200802
> i     unifont                                              1:5.1.2008 1:5.1.2008
> i     x-ttcidfont-conf                                     32         32
> p     xfonts-efont-unicode                                 <none>     0.4.0-5
> p     xfonts-intl-chinese                                  <none>     1.2.1-6
> p     xfonts-wqy                                           <none>     0.9.9-3.1
>
> Few other things to consider are:
>  * Fist do you have system set up for one of UTF-8 locales?

I think utf-8 locale may be the reason here.

To the OP: what viewer are you using to see the ps file?

I have seen that some unicode fonts are not shown properly in gv. It has
something to do with gs not being able to deal with unicode fonts
properly. For example, if I export an odf document containing some
unicode fonts to a ps file, gv shown boxes in their places. But if I
export the same file to a PDF file, the fonts are shown properly.

I would very interested in knowing how gs is made to understand unicode.

ever having been read.