Re: How to install chinese fonts for ps output file?

"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> writes:

> To the OP: what viewer are you using to see the ps file?
>
> I have seen that some unicode fonts are not shown properly in gv. It has
> something to do with gs not being able to deal with unicode fonts
> properly. For example, if I export an odf document containing some
> unicode fonts to a ps file, gv shown boxes in their places. But if I
> export the same file to a PDF file, the fonts are shown properly.
>
> I would very interested in knowing how gs is made to understand unicode.

Within Emacs, if I use the package

 http://fly.srk.fer.hr/~hniksic/emacs/htmlize.el

I obtain an HTML file, that firefox will convert into ps and pdf format.  Then,
gv correctly displays the chinese characters.  The problem only occurs when I
want the ps file directly from the text file using Emacs.  This means that it's
not a matter of fonts installed in my system, doesn't it?

Rodolfo