Re: How to install chinese fonts for ps output file?

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 11:30:01AM -0500, H.S. wrote:
> Osamu Aoki wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm... current unstable lacks Chinese tasks???
> > No no it is under:
> >  * Simplified Chinese desktop
> >  * Traditional Chinese desktop
> >
> > e.g. Here:
> > i     ttf-arphic-ukai                                      0.2.200802 0.2.200802
> > i     ttf-arphic-uming                                     0.2.200802 0.2.200802
> > i     unifont                                              1:5.1.2008 1:5.1.2008
> > i     x-ttcidfont-conf                                     32         32
> > p     xfonts-efont-unicode                                 <none>     0.4.0-5
> > p     xfonts-intl-chinese                                  <none>     1.2.1-6
> > p     xfonts-wqy                                           <none>     0.9.9-3.1
> >
> > Few other things to consider are:
> >  * Fist do you have system set up for one of UTF-8 locales?
>

> I think utf-8 locale may be the reason here.
>
> To the OP: what viewer are you using to see the ps file?
>
> I have seen that some unicode fonts are not shown properly in gv. It has
> something to do with gs not being able to deal with unicode fonts
> properly.

It is Cmap file issue.

Lenny release failed to transition Cmap file to new one.  So depending
on package, you need to have different ones.

> For example, if I export an odf document containing some
> unicode fonts to a ps file, gv shown boxes in their places. But if I
> export the same file to a PDF file, the fonts are shown properly.
>
> I would very interested in knowing how gs is made to understand unicode.

cmap files are provided by:
(old)
cmap-adobe-cns1
cmap-adobe-gb1
cmap-adobe-japan1
cmap-adobe-japan2
cmap-adobe-korea1
(new)
poppler-data

You may wish to have this one installed too.
x-ttcidfont-conf

Osamu