Re: Experimental (temporarily)

John Hasler wrote:
M. Lewis writes:
Given I'm running Lenny and I would like to test out the new Chrony
(announced today) which is in Experimental, how can I do this without
upgrading my entire system to Experimental?

Easily.  chrony_1.23-6rt1, the new version in Experimental, is just
chrony_1.23-6, the version in Lenny, with the real-time and mlockall()
features added.  It has no dependencies not in Lenny.  Add a line similar
to this to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ experimental main

As root, do 'apt-get update'

As root, do 'apt-get -t experimental install chrony'

Remove the experimental line from /etc/apt/sources.list if you want.

You can accomplish the same result with Aptitude or Synaptic, of course.

Perfect. Thanks.

--

 You know it is going to be a bad day when you forget your new password.
  01:35:01 up 1 day,  9:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.15, 0.19, 0.15

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org