Re: Canon A520 not detected in Testing, but works in Unstable

H.S. wrote:

> 1. The camera is shown as "USB Imaging Interface" on desktop. Clicking
> on that icon shows the above mentioned folders and files in konqeuror.
> 2. The same SD card if read in a card reader, however, does not show
> those folders and files, just DICM and MISC as before. This is with
> FAT16 formatting (type 6).

Another thing I just realized. To write a filesystem, one needs to have
the partition unmounded. In KDE, however, one must /not/ "Safely remove"
to do this operation. One must only "sudo umount /media/<device dir>"
before trying to write the filesystem.

That "Safely remove" option in Konqueror somehow just eliminates the
whole device from the system! Didn't know this before.

ever having been read.