Re: Canon A520 not detected in Testing, but works in Unstable

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 12/21/08 15:21, H.S. wrote:
>> H.S. wrote:
>>
>>> I think I will just try reformatting the cards and see how that works
>>> out.
>>

>> I have formatted the SD card and tried it again in the camera. I
>> formatted as type 0B filesystem (W95 Fat32) and made a filesystem using
>> sudo fsck.msdos /dev/sdc1
>>
>> But now when the camera is mounted, I also see these folders which I
>> never saw before:
>> store_00010001
>> store_80000001
>> about.txt <-- file
>> summary.txt <-- file
>>
>> and the usual DCIM and MISC folders are within the first folder above.
>>
>> Anybody have any idea what is going on?
>
> Might they be normal?

Perhaps. And I have no reason to believe they are not so I am not
worrying about these. Just their appearance in konqueror was a bit
surprising.

> Also, have you tried detecting the camera with gphoto2?

Yes, and it didn't find anything at that time. Now, however, after
fiddling with the cables as I mentioned earlier, the camera is working.
Points of interest:
1. The camera is shown as "USB Imaging Interface" on desktop. Clicking
on that icon shows the above mentioned folders and files in konqeuror.
2. The same SD card if read in a card reader, however, does not show
those folders and files, just DICM and MISC as before. This is with
FAT16 formatting (type 6).

Anyhow, the camera appears to be working now.

What I originally wanted to do was to see if I can format the card and
change its volume information through the camera itself (without needing
the card reader). Still looking if this is doable.

Thanks.

ever having been read.