OT Internet Radio Reception Program

I ordered an Aluratek AIRJ01F as a Christmas present for a grandson who
sticks with Windows XP.  My understanding is that this device when
plugged in to a usb port automaticly loads a program which provides
access to 13,000 internet radio stations with scan options to find
various types of music.

Curious, I have tried google and apt-cache searches for something
similar for linux without locating any matches.  Of course mplayer
and similar packages allow me to connect to streams from stations I know
so the difference is only the problem of identifying 13,000 posible
streams and some information about their characteristics.  Someone must
have done a lot of work?

Perhaps the gadget would work with wine?  If not maybe my grandson will
tell me if he finds a particularly interesting station.

Tom