Re: Unexpected loss of font (LucidaTypewriter) in Gnome under Lenny

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:00:11 -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 02:42:57PM EST, Diab Jerius wrote:
>> For some time I've been using LucidaTypewriter in gnome-terminal.   I
>> recently replaced my video card and something that I did (dpkg-
>> reconfigure on xserver-xorg or something else) caused GNOME apps to no
>> longer see the Lucida Typewriter font.  For example, gnome-terminal no
>> longer lists the font as being available, and it renders text using
>> another font although its setting is for LucidaTypewriter.
>
> Maybe a fontconfig issue?
>
> What does "fc-cache | grep Lucida" return?

It does seem to have been a fontconfig issue.  Thanks for the tip on
listing of fonts.  I dpkg-reconfigured it (prior to receiving your
message) and the font reappeared.  I'm guessing (from my reading of the
man page) that running fc-cache -f should have been equivalent.

Thanks,
Diab