Re: OT: laptop recomendations

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:

> Not completely, what newer batteries hate is heat, over and under
> charging. If it's always plugged in it may kill the battery rather
> quickly. What I have on my current thinkpad is the ability to stop
> charging before 100% and that can add quite a bit of like to the
> battery.

How do you do this? I've got a thinkpad R60, and I've been plugging it
in when it runs low, then (when I remember), unplugging it when it
reaches full charge. Is there some way to automate this? I know the
Windows partition has some configuration options, but I don't know how
to do this under Debian.

Thanks,

Tyler