Re: cannot execute grub

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 07:59:35AM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-12-12 03:38 +0100, lee wrote:
>
> > Shouldn't there be an amd64 version of grub?
>
> There should be, but there isn't.  Poking around in the source I found a
> pointer to a binutils bug, http://bugs.debian.org/244498.  Apparently
> nobody is really interested in resolving that issue, so you're on your
> own if you would like to fix it.

Well, as long as it works, it doesn't really matter.

> > Hm, I thought I had to run grub to get a new kernel installed. So
> > changing the menu.list is all it takes?
>
> Yes, grub is not lilo, you know.

Yeah --- when they switched to grub, I had to figure out anew how to
get kernels installed, and that seemed to involve running grub. Since
then, I just did it that way and it worked.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm