Re: cannot execute grub

On 2008-12-12 03:38 +0100, lee wrote:

> Shouldn't there be an amd64 version of grub?

There should be, but there isn't.  Poking around in the source I found a
pointer to a binutils bug, http://bugs.debian.org/244498.  Apparently
nobody is really interested in resolving that issue, so you're on your
own if you would like to fix it.

Given that grub is in maintenance mode, you probably have to switch to
grub2 aka grub-pc for a 64-bit version if you cannot fix grub yourself.

> Hm, I thought I had to run grub to get a new kernel installed. So
> changing the menu.list is all it takes?

Yes, grub is not lilo, you know.

Sven