Re: changing execution permissions with thunar?

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:34:12 +0200
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

Hi Micha

> Is it possible to change the execution permissions of a file in
> thunar?

It seems impossible. In Debian Lenny/Thunar 0.9.0 there are no GUI
options for changing execute perms. I didn't found properties for
changing that. IMHO that's a security feature, to prevent
misconfiguration of perms.

> All I could find was read/write permissions and even that I
> can't seem to do in batch mode, only one file at a time.

Why you don't wanna use "chmod" (in terminal)? With "chmod" and other
GNU tools is batch mode available :-)

LinuxQuestion documents[0] usage of "chmod"

> Thanks

kind regards
Sven

[0] http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Chmod