Re: No 3D acceleration for Radeon X1250 (RS690)?

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:16, Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kelly Clowers wrote:

>>> I agree with you, Kelly, if the open source worked. I've had a Radeon
>>> 9550 for years and tried the open source drivers periodically and have
>>> never got the 3D Acceleration to work using them. Maybe one day it will
>>> but until then ...
>>
>> My Radeon 9550 works great with OSS drivers. Tux racer and
>> Quake 3 both play fine. And there are reports of the rs690 working.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Kelly Clowers
> Thanks Kelly. Could you tell me precisely which driver works with 3D and
> I'll give it a try.

I am using Sid's Radeon (not HD) 6.9.0+git20081012.c0e6cb6d-1
with Xorg 7.4 and Mesa 7.2.  I have been using Radeon for a while,
I think since at least Radeon 6.9.0, Mesa 7.0 and Xorg 7.3.

Some relevant bits from my xorg.conf (I temporarily
have a different card, but I did not change anything
besides the Identifier):

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI RV350 AR [Radeon 9600]"
    Driver      "radeon"
    Option      "AGPmode"           "4"
    Option      "AccelMethod"       "EXA"
    Option      "AccelDFS"          "true"