Re: Does Pirated Windows Install on New Hard Drives?

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:37:04 -0700
TW <twilliams001@elp.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	I was trying to install a copy of Windows XP that I downloaded in
> '06 onto my friend's mom's laptop computer, but it wouldn't take.  I bought
> her a new hard drive (Seagate, 80GB) so that she could have more space.
> However, when I try to install the OS, I get an error message.  I can't
> remember it exactly, but it was something about an NT dll error within a
> subdirectory of the System folder.
>
> 	The OS copy that I have installs just fine on this computer, but it's
> on a hard drive from back in '06.  So, have hard drive manufacturers put
> something on their hard drives now that prevent pirated Windows
> installations?  Or, is it that I just have an outdated copy of Windows?  I
> wanted to know 1) so that I don't sound too much like a fool when I have to
> explain this and 2) for increasing my knowledge.  Thank you.

Certainly the wrong list, both windows and pirated are a bit off topic here.

As for a partial answer, the problem is not with your hardrive. If its the same
cd from 06 then it may be damaged (the physical cd), otherwise could be a shitty
pirated copy of a shitty os, or an updated that caught your pirated copy
because you didn't have a valid key or didn't activate it ...