Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 01:04:07AM -0800, Angus Auld wrote:
> > Well, I just tried it. I can turn off showing previews, but
> > that
> > doesn't mean that no thumbnails are created.
> >
> > Still the dialog doesn't mention anything about
> > creating and even
> > caching thumbnails.
> >

> KDE makes clearing thumbnail cache and such easy using KControl > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
> Best regards.

So the solution is to install and use KDE to keep gnome at bay? That
is like getting an 18wheeler or two to buy the grocieries for a week
because the Suburban is a "Custom Delux" model which doesn't have
automatic doorlocks ...

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm