Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux

> From: lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de>
> Subject: Re: Erase cache, clean registry in Linux
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 6:06 PM
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 01:04:07AM -0800, Angus Auld wrote:
> > > Well, I just tried it. I can turn off showing
> previews, but
> > > that
> > > doesn't mean that no thumbnails are created.
> > >
> > > Still the dialog doesn't mention anything
> about
> > > creating and even
> > > caching thumbnails.
> > >

> > KDE makes clearing thumbnail cache and such easy using
> KControl > Security & Privacy > Privacy.
> > Best regards.
>
> So the solution is to install and use KDE to keep gnome at
> bay? That
> is like getting an 18wheeler or two to buy the grocieries
> for a week
> because the Suburban is a "Custom Delux" model
> which doesn't have
> automatic doorlocks ...

I made no such suggestion, merely replying to the "general" gist of the post:
"Erase cache, clean registry in Linux"

Some of us following this post do use KDE, and it does have an accumulating ~/.thumbnails directory as well.

Of course you *could* use KDE, and that with a certainty would facilitate your keeping Gnome at bay. :)

Regards.

--
Angus

"All churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Muslim, appear
to me no other than human inventions, setup to terrify and
enslave mankind - and to monopolize power and profit."
--
Thomas Paine (1737-1809)

######Laptop powered by Linux######
######Reg. Linux User #278931######