Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

On 2008-11-24, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

> An M/N:M-S35 Logitech three button PS/2 mouse is exactly what I have,
> and gpm always worked fine, in Sarge, Etch, Lenny and Sid.
>
> Following the directions at
> www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-install.en.html#s-gpm
> I have this in /etc/gpm.conf :
>
> device=/dev/psaux
> responsiveness=
> repeat_type=none
> type=autops2
> append=''
> sample_rate=
>
> And the gpm daemon should be running.

Thanks,

I tried exactly that, but they still jump all over the place and
I get this whenever I touch the mouse: (They do the same in X
without gpm.)

psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost
+synchronization, throwing 3 bytes away.
psmouse.c: resync failed, issuing reconnect request
(kernel 2.6.25-2-686 on that machine)

Could they be defective? Whatever it is, I can live without them.

Regards,

Howard E.