Re: Here's something interesting... (was Re: Q: List Policy)

On 11/18/08 01:19, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
Your email, though text, is really a quoted-printable attachment.
Tbird displays it as text, but eliminates the pgp-signature and the
list-supplied signature.

Yes, that's the S/MIME standard for signed email. Well, the extra signature at the bottom isn't, but that's not part of the message I send the mailing list.

AFAIK, there's no List Policy against 7-bit clean mail (which requires either UUENCODE or quoted-printable [or bans all non-ASCI characters]) or cryptographic signatures of a reasonable (and fixed no less!) length.

That said, if the list would prefer I not sign my emails or use inline signatures, I can change that easily.

The only issue I see with it is that each line ends with a "=20" and that text MUAs might not filter that part out.

Also, it might (or might not...) be a Tbird bug that it doesn't show the UNSUBSCRIBE signature.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!