Re: Looking for SIMPLE MTA

On 11/16/08 13:42, Hal Vaughan wrote:

I'm looking for a simple MTA. I have some systems that can generate
email to users from programs like cron or mdadm and on at least 2
systems I currently have no MTA. I'd like to put on the simplest MTA I
can (and that includes simple to configure) that will accept email from
those programs and store it in the mail directory and act as a POP3
server so my email program can get it from those systems.
I've looked at ssmtp, but that forwards email, which means I'd still
need a mail server on at least one computer. Nullmailer doesn't seem to
do it and other programs either don't have POP3 or look like a serious
pain to configure.

If this business doesn't already have a mail server, where does it's employees get their mail from? The ISP directly?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!