Looking for SIMPLE MTA

I'm looking for a simple MTA. I have some systems that can generate

email to users from programs like cron or mdadm and on at least 2

systems I currently have no MTA. I'd like to put on the simplest MTA I

can (and that includes simple to configure) that will accept email from

those programs and store it in the mail directory and act as a POP3

server so my email program can get it from those systems.

I've looked at ssmtp, but that forwards email, which means I'd still

need a mail server on at least one computer. Nullmailer doesn't seem to

do it and other programs either don't have POP3 or look like a serious

pain to configure.

Thanks for any suggestions!