Re: sound card

Tamas Hegedus wrote:

I have an integrated intel sound card: 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

On Fedora I could install it after downloading the source code from alsa-project.org:

I have problem doing it on debian/lenny.
I do not know what else I should install. It seems I also need pulseaudio, alsa plugin for pulseaudio...

If I try to start amixer:
ALSA lib control.c:874:(snd_ctl_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_ctl_pulse.so

I do not find a page how to track down problems with sound card installation, what I need... (e.g. it seems that if I need pulse audio then configuration files has to be created manually...)

Any suggestion how to do soundcard installation&troubleshooting?
For non-expert :-)

Thanks a lot in advance,

Try this:

#apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils libesd-alsa0

( if libesd-alsa0 does not exist, then omit it ).

After that, your sound card should work flawlessly.
These are the steps I also do get my Intel audio card to work in Debian.

Good luck,

ing. Bogdan MARIAN
Timisoara, ROMANIA
E-mail: bogdan.dumitru.marian@gmail.com