Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

Le Ven 14 novembre 2008 13:46, Tzafrir Cohen a écrit :
[...]
> Oh, you mean I had to set this strange thing called 'scale'? Why can't I
> get it to default to something more reasonable? There's at least not a
> method documented in the man page.

Reasonable ??? for who ?
a client buying one, two or three apples, but no fraction of apples ?
a guy who needs 2 decimals to know how much VAT he will pay with his new
car ?
a trader who can need about 5 decimals
a physician who needs a lot more...

So, how much is reasonable ? 2 because you often use it for prices, 8
because much of real cheap calculators display 8, ... at least, with bc,
you can choose. You just have 4 keywork to remember : ibase, obase, scale
and last, most people can forget the ibase and obase, so there are only
two. You can even forget the "last" because you can recall the previous
lines with the "readline lib" and the "up" key (can you do that in your
GUI calculators).

But if you dont like it. it is OK, I can understand.

PS: When I just need a quick operation, I use only bash : echo $((2+3))

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org