Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

Le Ven 14 novembre 2008 12:05, lee a écrit :
[...]
> With dc or bc, you need to figure out how to use them. An hour later or
> so you might be able to calculate 2+5. With qalculate (or other GUI
> calculators), you type 2+5 and get the result, just like you do with a
> calculator. dc only says "stack empty", whatever that's supposed to
> mean.
You should try "bc". I'm sure that you can type in everything you can type
in your GUI based calculator.

[...]
>> lynx is like many unixes and many humans: it selectively choses its
>> friends.
> Is it a web browser or not? If it's a web browser, it should be able to
> display most web pages in such a way that they are easy to read and to
> use, as long as those pages don't violate standards. Obviously, it can
> do that only for a few web pages, not for most of them.

Just download the "HTML Tidy" and "webdevelopper" plugins in Firefox and
look the little icons. If they are green, the page is compliant to
standards, yellow : there are warnings and red : there are errors. You
will see that nearly every web site does not conform to the standards.
Even the simplier as the "alt" attribute in "img" tags. So, you can not
blame lynx if it can not show some pages.

It is a real work to develop web pages which are fully compliant to W3C,
which show correctly in every browser (lynx, IE, firefox, chrome, opera,
...), which show correctly with or WITHOUT javascript, ... I know, I do
it. The problem is that everyone thinks he can write a web page or a site
easily, but it is false.

Would you blame a Boeing if their aircrafts can not go everywhere in the
world because some airports use shorter landing zone or landing zone made
of grass.

Fanfan
--
http://www.cerbelle.net - http://www.afdm-idf.org