Re: Phone App

> need a little app that will let me dial out and answer the phone using a
>voice/speakerphone modem to a normal (Luddite) telephone line. What I have
>found seems to be either dialers (minicom works) and voicemail/answering-
>machine programs (vgetty, tkvoice, ivm). I voicemail with have that with the
>phone company. I simply want to be able to use my headset as a normal, old-
>fashioned talk and listen telephone.

>Any ideas?

Asterix stuff is a bit to heavy.

Xringd will sense rings and can run scripts. So a simple script to open the
modem so I can speak using the headset and then hang up when I am done?

Mgetty and vgetty will also answer rings. Mgetty is looking for fax or data.
All I want to do is talk and listen. Vgetty can be set up as an answering
machine. This is cool but I want to pick up the phone and talk if I am at the
computer.