Re: Phone App

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:49:02 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:30:38PM -0500, Celejar wrote:
>
> > Asterisk?  It may be overkill, but from the little I know of it (I've
> > never actually used it), it can almost certainly do what the OP wants,
> > although IIUC, he'll need special hardware to connect to the POTS.
>
> Asterisk and others won't work with most voice modems out there.
> Though it would be interesting if someone wrote Zaptel/DAHDI or whaatever
> drivers for some common modems.

I know, but Asterisk / Zaptel adapters can be had on Ebay for as little
as 20 - 30 USd (plus shipping):

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-X100P-SE-FXO-PCI-for-Digium-Asterisk-VoIP-PBX_W0QQitemZ130267999024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_Telecom_IP_Telephony

http://cgi.ebay.com/Voxzone-X100P-OEM-FXO-PCI-Card-for-Asterisk-PBX_W0QQitemZ220305065015QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCOMP_Telecom_IP_Telephony

> Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is