Re: OT about Asus, was Re: What is the point of RAID?

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 08:18:53 -0600
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> Also,  I'm not just prepared to be wrong about render servers, I'm
> prepared to be wrong about everything.  :)

Well, the numbers are arbitrary. If you assume that "production" takes
place in some kind of company, the lifetime of the hardware depends on
when the company either wants to or is forced to replace it.

That doesn't have to do very much with how long the hardware is not
broken. It is being expected that it isn't and doesn't become broken.
If it is broken or becomes broken before it's replaced, don't buy it
again.