Re: OT about Asus, was Re: What is the point of RAID?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:39:43 -0600
Mark Allums <mark@allums.com> wrote:

> Asus is fantastic! for a consumer-level board, especially their
> enthusiast line.

Asus sucks. Support is nonexistent; losing connection to a disk
all the time is unacceptable, especially for a board that expensive.
The fan on the board started making noise, unacceptable as well.

It was the first Asus board I bought for my own computer, and it was
the last one. Some time later we got computers with Asus boards at
work, and they had problems with losing connection to the disk as well.

Just don't buy Asus.