Re: How To Hash passwords with SHA-1 in pam?

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Chris Hiestand wrote:

Is there an out of the box solution to authenticate SHA-1 passwords via pam? And yes, I know SHA-1 is pretty much cryptographically broken, but I would still like to find support for it.

Move the user data to LDAP:

          Operations (RFC 3062).  The <hash> must be one of {SSHA}, {SHA},
          {SMD5}, {MD5}, {CRYPT}, and {CLEARTEXT}.  The default is {SSHA}.

          {SHA} and {SSHA} use  the  SHA-1  algorithm  (FIPS 160-1),  the
          latter with a seed.

          {MD5}  and  {SMD5}  use the MD5 algorithm (RFC 1321), the latter
          with a seed.

          {CRYPT} uses the crypt(3).

          {CLEARTEXT} indicates that the new password should be added  to
          userPassword as clear text.

--
Rick Nelson
C'mon! political protest! sheesh. Where's that anarchist spirit? ;-)