Re: How to mirror a server installation?

Hi all,

Jeff D wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Arnau wrote:

Hi all,

 I'd like to mirror all the packages installed in a production server with the
same versions. The idea is to have a enviroment test the upgrades before apply
those upgrades to the real production server. What is the best way to do this?

Thank you very much

You can do something like this:
on the current machine:
sudo dpkg --get-selections > server.selections

then copy the server.selections file to your test machine and run:
sudo apt-get update
sudo dpkg --set-selections < server.selections
sudo apt-get dselect-upgrde

That will install all packages that are on your current server on your
test server.

I like this option more than the one proposed François. Will this install the same versions I in the production server?

Thanks
--
Arnau